TLA Jobline

View Only

Archivist I or II - Rosenberg Library, Galveston TX

• 1.  Archivist I or II - Rosenberg Library, Galveston TX

Posted 09-28-2022 16:33

Starting Pay Rate: $20.19-$27.60 DOQ

Rosenberg Library seeks a motivated, engaged, and customer-service oriented Archivist I or Archivist II to work at the library's Galveston and Texas History Center (GTHC). The GTHC, one of the main repositories for Texana in the United States, collects materials about Galveston from its 1839 incorporation to the present and documents Texas from the Spanish period through the Civil War. Our collection embraces more than 13,000 linear feet-two and a half miles-of written, visual, and oral materials.

The Archivist is responsible for assisting customers and researchers with reference questions; processing and cataloging manuscripts, maps, photos, and other materials; supporting digitization efforts; helping supervise and train interns and volunteers; and assisting the Special Collections Manager with public programs, exhibits, and publications. Position reports to the Special Collections Manager. 

For more information, please visit https://rosenberg-library.org/about/about-the-library/employment-opportunities/

------------------------------
    Karen Stanley
    Children's Services Manager
    Rosenberg Library
    Galveston TX
    ------------------------------